Wednesday, April 26, 2017

How Travel Changed My Life



As usual, I am scrolling here and there in social media when I read a post from a friend talking about his entry in a Traveloka contest. Curious enough, I checked the website and read it. Now I am asking myself too, after visiting some of the beautiful places in the country, what have I learned? Did it changed my life? 
Me living life with "open arms"

 How travel changed my life? 


It helped me align my goals

Traveling requires money, time and effort. As a working individual, I learned how to manage my leaves and save for the days that I mostly need it – for my bookings. Traveling also helped me focus on what is needed and what is not. It means spending my money wisely to avoid ‘fly now pay later’ and ‘travel now, beg (pulubi) later’ scenarios. I believe that one of the ways to enjoy a vacation is if you don’t have anything to worry about such as your job left behind and the days after you get back. Now I am more responsible for my actions.

My most expensive travel so far - much worth it!

It helped me bring out the best in me (hahahaha!)

I don't mean my 'best pose' errr...
With nothing to worry about but how to make the best of each day with my travel buddies, I learned how to become more understanding with the people I am with. It means laughing at their unlikable personalities such as taking a bath for 60 minutes knowing that there are 4 of us and someone might need a leak anytime soon. Traveling helped me accept some of my friend’s dual personality and I made them accept my “bully self”. Now I am more patient and understanding of our individual differences.
On our happiest pose!

It helped me appreciate nature and the wonder of God’s gift

A view of El Nido beach from our room!

Every time I see a beach or climb a mountain, the scenic view that awaits me always mesmerizes me. Each sunset or sunrise seems to have its own glorious moment and each wave in the sea has its own sound. It still surprises me how God created such wonder for each and every one of use to see and appreciate (but then it is God) and I cannot wait to see more of these views from different places. Now I am more thankful that I am alive and got to see and be part of these wonder.

I learned that traveling is time well-spent and  time well spent is a time well remembered!

Although I often see my family and friends, time spent traveling with them is different. Every moment of each day is memorable. The same goes for my travel buddies. Perhaps, regardless of who you are traveling with, each moment will always be memorable and happy. Whenever I get to see a new place, I always wish that I can bring my family with me - someday!
Thankful to be with them @ Samal Island!
And thankful to be with them @ Minalungao National Park!
It is not the place that makes it special, but the people you are with :)

It helped me take thing slowly

No matter how slow you are, you will definitely get there!
It means waking up with no alarm for days (unless there is a sunrise view to watch) and taking my coffee without watching the time, enjoying its warmth and aroma. Now I get to miss fast paced life and enjoy mundane hours in small towns.
Dinner with candle light!

It made me respond to challenges!

@ Davao Outland Adcventure - my first zipline experience!
When visiting a new place, it is always a question of what special things we can do there, special foods to eat and special views to watch out for. It is always a question of "am I going to do it or not" and luckily, in most places, I was able to respond to these challenges.
Spelunking @ Sumaguing Cave!
Xtreme 4x4 @ Paoay Sand Dunes
Getting inked the traditional way 😄
Traveling is not just about spending your money and finding an Instagram-worthy view to take a selfie. It is a time much needed by everyone to relax, enjoy life and make lifetime memories. It is a chance to renew vows among lovers, a time to renew friendship and a time to renew relationships among family. If you find it much challenging to travel due to costs, always use the internet to find deals that you can take advatange of.
How about you? how did travel changed yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment